At least 6 business days before the event date:
- Do you know the location/sites you would like to connect to and the equipment you would like to use?
- If you are using non-UBC FoM rooms, have you booked these rooms with the room booker at the external site?
- Have you filled out and submitted the UBC FoM Room Request Form to book UBC FoM rooms?
- If you are self-supporting your event, have you completed or registered for Videoconference User Training?
At least 3 business days before the event date:
Have you received a room booking confirmation from the UBC FoM room booker?
- Have you arranged room access for participants at all the sites?
- If you are doing a presentation with video clips, have you arranged for the video clips to be burned on to a DVD so it can be played through the DVD player?
Have you arranged to remove all food items from the room at the end of your booked time?
- Have you arranged for a backup person to perform these tasks if you are unable to attend?
Start of event:
The videoconference bridge will automatically connect all the sites at the start time and disconnect at the end time. If setup time is booked the connection will be made at the start of the setup time.
Once the sites are connected, check if all required sites are included in the call.
Audio/Video: Check if you can see and hear participants at all the sites and if they can see and hear you and each other.
Presentation: Check if the participants at all the sites can see the presentation material.
If there is a problem with connection or presentation, contact MedIT Service Desk for assistance by dialing the phone number posted in the room.
After the event:
- Remove all food items, return furniture to original configuration and leave the room promptly at the end of your booked time.