The UBC LSC Stores and Receiving Facility is located on level B2 of the UBC Life Sciences Centre, 2350 Health Sciences Mall. Business hours are 08:00 to 16:00 Monday to Friday. Closed on Stat Holidays.
VWR has been one of the UBC’s scientific suppliers for many years, and is currently the preferred vendor. Its Laboratory Services division provides a similar service to other universities; and we’re pleased to have them join us on campus.
The service will be piloted for 18-24 months, under the name “VWRCATALYST LSC Store”, and the transition will take place at the end of August 2017:
- UBC LSC Stores will close on Friday, August 25th
- VWRCATALYST LSC Store will re-open the service on Monday, September 5th
Operations will continue as usual through the summer, and customers will receive regular reminders to help avoid inconveniences during the transition period.
Some differences you may notice:
- A new online shopping experience
- Only in-stocked products will be available in the new Stores
- P-card (or other credit card) payments will replace UBC SpeedChart
- On-site staff will be VWRCATALYST employees
Things that will not change:
- In-stock products will be similar to what’s currently available
- Other vendors’ products will continue to be available
- Receipt and delivery process remains the same
- Prices will not increase
Your needs continue to be important to us, and every effort will be made to ensure the transition to a new service provider is smooth.
Please read the FAQ for more information, and refer back to this site for updates. Please also feel free to share comments or concerns with us by emailing email@example.com.
- All Deliveries/Shipments to/from occupants of the building can only be received/shipped through the building’s Loading Docks at the north side of the building. Access to Loading Docks is off Health Sciences Mall.
- To contact the LSC Receiver, please call 604-827-3978.
- Deliveries will only be accepted between 8 am – 4 pm Monday to Friday.
- Please ensure that your shipment is FOB a specific room in the building and not the building itself. You may find yourself in a position where the cartage firm will deliver to the loading dock but no farther. In this case your lab will be responsible for moving the shipment to its final destination.
- Please note that your lab is responsible for the immediate disposal of all packing materials, pallets, crates, etc. related to deliveries to your lab. It is recommended that you arrange with the cartage agent making delivery to take all pallets, crates, etc with them as they leave, or have the installer do that at the time of uncrating and installation.
- Neither uncrated equipment nor packing material is permitted to be placed at any time in corridors, building alcoves or any public place in the building. Should such material be found in any such location, the responsible lab will be asked to immediately remove it to their lab or other suitable location. Failure to comply will result in the material being moved at the labs expense.