The Space Planning & Facilities Management unit oversee projects relating to the upgrading/renovation of existing UBC Academic Space.
Minor Capital projects can include:
– Renovations intended to optimize space utilization
– Security upgrades
– Work required to maintain Health & Safety standards
– Upgrades to infrastructure: electrical, data, mechanical systems
Any construction or renovation work that takes place in Academic Space requires the involvement of the FoM Space Planning and Facilities Management Unit to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory, Health Authority and University standards.
Regulations, procedures and timelines will depend on the location, scope and magnitude of the project.
In general, the following steps are included in the project process:
- Define requirements & scope of work
- Confirmation of funding
- Submission of project request for approval (University / Health Authority)
- Hiring of designer/architect (if required)
- Assessments & reviews (as required: environmental, electrical, mechanical, data)
- Contract Administration
- Application for building permits (if required)
- Commence project
Please contact the Facilities Manager with any questions or project requests you may have.